Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bastion Forum Index -> Player Characters (RoD)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agrett
Marshal

re: Oreana Silver

Agrett
Marshal

Agrett
Marshal

Lady Ineddra and I traveled to a nearby farm to investigate rumors of activity around a suspected Fey’ri outpost.  Rasputin apparently became concerned and sent a group to find us and ensure our safety; we were not at the farm long before they arrived.  One of their members discovered a hidden trap door.  My Lady Ineddra decided to pay to have myself and this new group investigate further.  After descending a long way underground we came upon a set of statues with writing that indicated that it was some type of trap that had been previously decoded.  After some thought about the note left behind I was able to speak the words to disarm the threat.  We continued on and came to a room full of maws that due to some magic made it impossible to see into.  The cautious one in the group spent time trying to trick the magic with her own magical enchantments but failed to produce any worthwhile information.  Once   it seemed hopeless to be able to gain any information about what lay beyond the maws we had a lucky break and were able to hear faint chanting coming from maw eight.

While I value my life the Lords’ Alliance teaches that we are not to wait for the enemy to come to us and the best defense is a strong offense.  I was very keen on entering this maw and taking this threat head on.  Since we could hear chanting this proved to me that entrance wouldn’t lead to instant death. Alas, the group sent to “rescue” me was still wary and were discussing retreat.  I offered to go in first to prove that the darkness wouldn’t kill me but concerned because my battle skills (and armor) are not intended to front line use.  Sabrael offered to go in first with me close behind, the others still lingered outside fretting over their fate.  Once inside we were confronted with a wild elf performing some kind of ritual, and before we could face him directly in battle he managed to summon some terrifying and unknown demon that vanished before our eyes, before the elf too vanished into thin air.

We returned to the surface and reporting our findings to Lady Ineddra.  I asked for leave to continue on with this band mercenaries so that I may track down the demon that was loosed.  After arriving at the temple of Waukeen and having a short battle with some cultists the strangest thing happened (which is saying much after today’s events).  The one called Sabrael requested that we not kill the last sleeping cultist.  Not really understanding why she would want him to live but not feeling him much of a threat I stood down but with my spells ready.  The other member of the group Vlondril, was either still feeling threatened or was mad with bloodlust and killed the cultist anyway.  This death led to Sabrael and Vlondril getting into a duel.  The life of an obviously insane cultist seems like nothing worth getting worked up over.  Karelle screeched at them to stop like a mother does with fighting children, and from her reaction I suspect this fight was not over the dead cultist but some other previous transgressions.

I may have made a mistake by joining this group of travelers instead of going and gathering a force of Lords’ Alliance fighters.  For now I will continue on, mostly out of curiosity, but should this group dissolve I will return to Elventree and find a force to help me track down the demon. The demon must be stopped for the safety of the realm, and to bring honor and glory to the Lords’ Alliance.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Bastion Forum Index -> Player Characters (RoD) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: